Winter Pest Problems
When winter rolls around, your pest control efforts should be a priority, as your home or business is where pests will hide to keep warm, if they can. During the colder months of the year, pests of all sorts including insects, rodents, and squirrels are seeking shelter from the harsh elements here in the Pacific Northwest. These pests are looking for a place to nest so they can care for themselves and their young. Even without visible signs of a pest infestation present, it is important that you remain on guard against desperate and resourceful pests. Keeping your pest defenses sharp during the winter months will also help prevent infestations once the warmer days are back upon us. Don’t let your home or business become the squatting zone for these grievous annoyances, and read on to learn more about prevention in keeping pests away for the winter.
Signs of a Pest Infestation
An important aspect of dealing with winter pests is being able to identify the signs of an infestation. Learning the signs is a great first step in preventing a full blown infestation. Once you have learned the signs, share them with friends and family so they too are abreast of this important information. The most common signs of a pest infestation include:
- Unusual noises coming from the walls
- Finding dead bugs or rodents in the home
- Finding pest droppings in the home
- Unusual odors
- Holes in walls and floors
- Scratches on walls indoors and outdoors
If you have noticed any of the signs above, your best option is to take action and call a reputable pest control specialist to eradicate the problem before it becomes a full blown catastrophe.
Places Pests Like to Hide
Your home offers an abundance of food, warmth, and comfort for pests during the winter months. Places pests like to hide include any area of your home they can nest undetected, generally dark areas with lots of clutter, however their favorite spaces to take refuge in your home include:
- Outdoor garbage areas
Actions to take in Preventing a Residential Pest Infestation
If you are ready to take action in preventing a residential pest infestation, here are some tips you get you on your way to strengthening your pest defenses. This is not a holistic pest prevention plan, however is helpful in assisting you through the pest prevention process.
- Seal all small holes or cracks leading into the home. Carefully inspect doorways, windows, and utility pipes for any possible entry points.
- Cover chimneys and stove pipes securely with wire.
- Keep your yard clean and your trees manicured
- Keep your gutters clean and free of debris
- Reseal attics, basements, and crawlspaces if needed to keep moisture free.
- Keep your outdoor garbage area closely managed. All garbage should be in secured containers.
- Make sure all firewood is tidy and stored away from the home.
- Call a reputable pest control specialist to conduct a professional pest inspection and help you create a pest prevention plan you can count on.
Winter Pest Problems In Seattle WA - Everett WA - Marysville WA
Serving Customers in the Greater Seattle and Everett Areas