While spiders aren’t seasonal, many people tend to notice them more in their homes in late summer and early fall as these arachnids become less inconspicuous in their search for mates. And although spiders are beneficial and mostly harmless, many people still don’t want to share a home with them. This is why we at United Pest Solutions have come up with some ways you can help control spiders in your home.
What Attracts Spiders?
Spiders tend to seek out undisturbed and secluded areas that are cool and dark. Somewhere they can build a web to catch their prey. These areas often include basements, attics, and closets.
Spiders feed on flies, mosquitoes, and other insects, so if you have other pests in your home, you could be unknowingly attracting spiders as well.
Spiders are small. They can easily crawl into homes through cracks in your siding or through damaged window screens, so you’ll want to follow these tips to help control spiders.
- Seal cracks and crevices around your home using caulk or weatherstripping.
- Keep your shrubs and trees well-trimmed to help prevent them from acting as bridges into your home.
- Vacuum and dust regularly, paying particular attention to corners and beneath furniture.
- Wipe away webs in and around your home.
- Shake out clothing that’s been sitting in a laundry basket for quite some time.
- Keep your attic, garage, and basement clutter-free.
- Make sure you don’t have insects in the home, including those attracted to house plants.
- Replace your porch lights with yellow LED bulbs to help keep spider-attracting insects away.
Expert Spider Control
If you’ve tried the tips above and still can’t get rid of spiders in your home, you’ll want to turn to the experts at United Pest Solutions. We specialize in Integrated Pest Management and are QualityPro Certified. We can help control spiders, termites, rodents, stinging insects, and more. We’ve been proudly serving the Seattle WA metropolitan area since 1960. Contact us today for your personalized inspection!
Why do I Have Spiders? IN SEATTLE WA - EVERETT WA - MARYSVILLE
SERVING CUSTOMERS IN THE GREATER SEATTLE AND EVERETT AREAS