Flea Facts – Extermination & Control
SEATTLE WA – LYNNWOOD – MARYSVILLE – KENT - EVERETT WASHINGTON
Anyone who has had fleas in their home or building knows that they are about as intrusive as any pest can be, biting family members, guests and pets. Fleas can be a source of embarrassment and emotional distress, making the home almost uninhabitable.
General Flea Facts
- There are over 2000 species of fleas worldwide
- The most commonly encountered flea in American households is the cat flea
- The cat flea is not exclusive to cats, but attacks other pets, including dogs and is aggressive biter of humans
- There are approximately 8 other species of flea that are encountered in the United States
- For example, the Northern Rat Flea, often associated with the house mouse and Norway rat, may require a significantly different control approach than the cat flea
Get an INSTANT quote for Fleas Extermination – Control – Removal!
Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch in 10 mins or less.
The Flea is known as, “The Wingless Pipe”
“The wingless pipe” is the definition of the order of insects of which fleas are a part
This name is appropriate due to the flea being equipped to pierce the skin and suck blood
Blood flows through a fleas body like water flows through a pipe
- Flea eggs are about .50 mm long and hatch within ten days, under normal conditions
- The mated female lays her eggs on the host animal, but they can fall off and hatch almost anywhere
- Females will lay several dozen eggs per day for up to three months, accounting for rapid population growth
- Flea larva require 50% humidity or greater for survival
Flea Extermination and Control Measures
- Everything begins with a comprehensive and professional inspection. It is vital to be sure of the species of flea that is present on the property. This intensive inspection of the interior of the home or building is necessary to gain control as rapidly as possible.
- From the findings of the inspection a written recommendation is provided to establish clear expectations for everyone involved and a successful management plan.
A meeting between the customer and the technical adviser should take place to review the findings and recommendations in step two and agreement reached for a control and maintenance program.
- Once a control program is agreed upon, the implementation of control measures follow the four levels of control;
- Access denial and exclusion to refuse flea entry
- Habitat and harborage modification, making the location undesirable
- Physical and mechanical modifications to keep them out
- Judicious application of materials incorporating appropriate treatment materials with insect growth regulators to disrupt the reproduction and growth cycle
- Following treatment , all work will be documented and an arrangement made for a follow up contact.
Flea Facts – Control and Extermination IN SEATTLE WA - EVERETT WA - MARYSVILLE
SERVING CUSTOMERS IN THE GREATER SEATTLE AND EVERETT AREAS