Signs of a Rodent Infestation
5 Signs of a Rodent Infestation
Do you know if you have rodents in your house? Take a look at five of the best ways to tell if you have a rat or mouse problem in your home:
- Rat droppings. This one’s pretty obvious, but a really important sign of a rodent infestation. Depending on the severity of the rat problem, you might find droppings in garage spaces, basements, attics, in closets, or in drawers. Rodents don’t want to be seen or found, so looking in unused or rarely used spaces can be an important part of determining any rat problem.
- Chewing or teeth marks. Look in and around your home’s interior and exterior. Rodents need to trim their teeth, and chewing on your walls, windowsills, or doorways is a great way for them to file their teeth. Look around the exterior of your home as well; rats can gain entry to your house by chewing through thin walls or by chewing open existing holes.
- Nesting signs. Again, look in unused spaces like garages or attics for signs of nesting. Rats and mice are looking for shelter, and they will take advantage of any source of fabric, insulation, cardboard, or other materials ideal for nesting. Check for shredded paper as well.
- Noises in the night. Rats are typically nocturnal, and forage for food and nesting spaces during the night. They don’t want to be seen–but you can sometimes hear them! If you hear scratching and moving around in the ceiling or attic areas, you have a rodent problem. Rats and mice will also live in walls and heating / cooling vents.
- Foul smells. If rats are living in your attic or walls, they will also die within these structures. Any foul smell from your vents or around baseboards should be investigated immediately. Depending on your home’s heating / cooling system, the smell may get worse when you turn your system on.
If you have any of these signs, it’s time to get some expert rat control help!
How to Get Rid of Rodents in Your Home
The key to rat control is removing them as soon as possible. Rats and mice are incredibly prolific breeders, and if they’re given food, shelter, and water, those rates go up exponentially. Don’t let them take over your house–call a professional rat exterminator! It may be tempting to try DIY methods, but if you have pets or kids in the house, you need to be extra careful not to cause more harm than the rats themselves. If you’re looking for an effective way to get rid of rats, consult an expert rat exterminator. It’s worth it!
Professional Rodent Extermination and Exclusion
At United Pest Solutions, we believe in applying safe and effective solutions for comprehensive pest control. When you receive our rat extermination services, you receive a lot more than just rodent removal: you’ll get a complete and thorough inspection of your property, elimination of the rodents, and our expert pest control technicians will then seal and monitor all entry points to prevent the rodents from returning. Our rat control methods are so reliable and through that we guarantee them. Don’t wait until your rodent control problem is unbearable–call United Pest Solutions today!
Signs of a Rodent Infestation In Seattle WA - Everett WA - Marysville WA
Serving Customers in the Greater Seattle and Everett Areas